Thursday, June 19, 2014

[June Celebration: Something Borrowed] Who Borrows What?


There is a special joy to be had when we share what God has given us. In the spirit of borrowed things, Lisa T. Bergren and Donita K. Paul each compiled a list of the last five things borrowed from their households!  

Lisa's Last 5 Borrowed Things:
1. Our big beverage dispensers for a party
2. Our chainsaw for a Christmas tree stump
3. 4 martini glasses for a party
4. A set of my books for a sick friend to read
5. Glass plates for a party (apparently, we have ample hosting supplies!)

Mrs. Paul's Last 5 Borrowed Things:
1. Writing craft books
2. Betty Neels novels
3. Batteries (I don't expect to get them back!)
4. My good name, ha!
5. Blender

This about wraps up the "Something Borrowed" week. Thank you so much to Lisa Bergren for sharing a bit about herself, and her book with us! It sounds really awesome, and I for one am excited to look into it!

If you'd like to learn even more about the amazing person that is Lisa Tawn Bergren, check out her website at lisatawnbergren.com. She might even be running more giveaways in the near future... ;-)

What we would like from you: 

Sometimes when we exchange things, crazy shenanigans may result in hilarious miscommunications or misuses. What are some of the things you've lent out? Do you have a fun story to share? What sort of things do people tend to ask you for?

We'd love to hear it all! And be sure to join us next week for "Something Blue"! June isn't over yet...

6 comments:

mary agius said...

My funny borrowed story...

I once borrowed a friend's flapper style dress for a fancy party. When I went to return it, I saw there was a discolored area (not sure if it was from me or the drycleaners). It was covered in tassels/fringe so I carefully removed strands from throughout the dress to recreate the damaged ones. It took me forever but I actually fixed it.

After that, I was pretty leary about borrowing things.

mary agius said...

My funny borrowed story...

I once borrowed a friend's flapper style dress for a fancy party. When I went to return it, I saw there was a discolored area (not sure if it was from me or the drycleaners). It was covered in tassels/fringe so I carefully removed strands from throughout the dress to recreate the damaged ones. It took me forever but I actually fixed it.

After that, I was pretty leary about borrowing things.

Sparks of Ember said...

I'm known for my book collection so I mostly lend them out. Although I'm also highly possessive about them and their condition so I'm always terrified how they will look when they come back. My sister once returned one that had been knawed on by her cat!

Leilah Wright said...

I leant a book to a neighbour. When she finished it she put it in a Ziolock bag and threw it on my back porch instead of just coming to the door because she wasn't sure if I was home...

Leilah Wright said...

I leant a book to a neighbour. When she finished reading it she put it in a Ziplock bag and threw it on my back porch instead of first coming to the door because she wasn't sure if I was home...

Anonymous said...

I borrowed a car to take my kids to an appointment while my husband worked on ours. As I helped the toddlers out of their car seats, my oldest child helped me by locking and closing all the doors....with the keys on the front seat.